Terms & Conditions
Online Terms & Conditions of www.tradepricesofas.co.uk.
By using or accessing our website and/or placing any order(s), you agree to be legally bound by these terms and conditions. If you do not wish to be bound by these terms and conditions then you may not use or access our website or place orders. These terms relate to sales over the Internet and by telephone for the web site www.tradepricesofas.co.uk.
The contract made by you on-line with us incorporates these terms and conditions, which shall prevail over any and all terms and conditions, proposed by you.
We advise that you should not proceed with your purchase until you have read and agreed to these terms and conditions.
1. Product Specifications
- 1.1 Most of our furniture is made from quality natural wood and accordingly appearances may vary. So you can be certain you are cleaning and caring for your product in the correct way we would advise you to read the care instructions that are included with your furniture as soon as you accept delivery and to contact us if you require further information before you carry out any furniture care.
- Some woods will mellow with age and exposure to sunlight. When you are purchasing our furniture you are buying handmade furniture where varying degrees of distressing is generally applied. This is very much intended and makes each piece totally individual as desired by the craftsmen. We sell only genuine rustic designs with varying degrees of distressing from piece to piece; this may involve wood splits, wood filling, knots, purpose distress/scratch marks, antiquing etc. Certain degrees of filler will be used on oak furniture this is common and very much part of the manufacturing process. Please note that our Indian items are usually of a very rustic nature and a heavy distressing is usually applied, this may appear as a dulling or rubbing effect to the waxed finish, knotty and grainy woods are used, this is as intended by the supplier.
- 1.2 Some of our leather products are made from quality natural leather and accordingly they may not be uniform in colour or texture. Only the finest hides are selected but they will show natural marks and scars on the hide.
- 1.3 The majority of our products are sold fully assembled, however on occasions certain pieces will need minimal assembly, this has been deemed fit to protect the item from damage in carriage. All items needing assembly will have instructions included.
- 1.4 We endeavour to display as accurately as possible the colours of our products that appear on the website. However we cannot guarantee the complete accuracy of the pictures or photographs that are shown. Many conditions such as monitor settings and camera lighting can affect the colouring of items in a picture. Similarly natural wood colour can vary from tree to tree and an exact colour match for solid wood products cannot be guaranteed.
- 1.5 Made to order items are made to the specification listed on the product page. The measurements can be altered on most items, but please ask for details as the price will change by approximately 30-50%.
- All goods are subject to availability and we may not be able to supply your order. We reserve the right to withdraw any goods from sale at any time, and our only liability to you for withdrawing any goods will be to refund to you any money paid to us in respect of those goods which we are no longer able to supply.
- 2.1 We will not accept any liability for any extra costs incurred by you as a result of incorrect or incomplete measurements or information supplied by you, or minor alterations made by the supplier. Please email ahead if a small change in size may deem the item unusable when it arrives.
- 2.2 All dimensions and weight specified by us are close approximate only.
- 3.1 All prices include VAT within the sale price, where appropriate, at the prevailing rate and are subject to any promotional offer or discount.
- 3.2 Goods are delivered on weekdays and weekends directly to your specified address. If you live within the UK mainland, the delivery will be free of charge for all orders. If you live in the Lower Scotland region (Postcodes as follows: DG, KA, G, FK, KY, ML, EH, TD) the delivery charge will be £24.99. If you live the Higher Scotland region (Postcodes as follows: PA, PH, DD, AB, IV, KW). Trade Price Furniture reserve the right to refund in full any order place by yourself if the delivery location is deemed unpractical. We will use 2 methods of carriage which we will determine on purchase; a Two Man White Glove Room of Choice Service or One Man Doorstep Only Service.
- 3.3 The prices displayed on the website are for on-line purchases and promotions only and are not transferable to sales through any other means.
- 3.4 The prices displayed on the website in relation to any on-line promotion are valid strictly until midnight on the day on which the promotion expires, as determined by us.
- 3.5 We will not be bound to honour any online listed prices, where we have indicated to you subsequently that the prices displayed have been displayed in error. In these cases a refund will be offered.
- 4.1 You must pay by credit, charge, bank transfer or debit card at the time of order. The price of any product is the price in force at the date and time of your order. You undertake that all details you provide to us for the purpose of purchasing products which may be offered by us on our website will be correct; that the credit charge or debit card which you use is your own and that there are sufficient funds or credit facilities to cover the cost of any products. We reserve the right to obtain validation of your credit charge or debit card details before accepting your order.
- 4.2 Payment will be taken in full at the time of the order.
- 4.3 The contract shall not have been concluded until we have completed all of the following steps: we have received your valid credit card charge or debit card payment details or you have paid by bank transfer, we have accepted your on-line order and sent you confirmation of receipt of your order by return e-mail to the address you have given us during the registration procedure and upon completion of the above steps we have dispatched your order to you.
- 4.4 We are entitled to refuse any order placed by you and issue you with a full refund
- 4.5 All credit and debit card payments are made through a secure ePayment system. No financial information is kept or stored with our company. If you purchase multiple products on different days you will have to go through the payment process again.
5. Delivery (Free Delivery*)
- 5.1 We are only able to deliver online orders to you if you have a permanent address on the UK mainland and UK Isles.
- 5.2 We will endeavour to fulfil your order by the date set out in the e-mail by which we confirmed your order. Where this e-mail did not contain such a date we shall endeavour to fulfil your order within the time-scales advertised on the individual products on your order. Irrespective of this, all purchases must make allowance of 21 days from date of dispatch for our carriers to fulfil the final delivery to your home.
- 5.3 Orders totalling less than 20kg may be dispatched by post or courier.
- 5.4 For all orders - any changes made to the content of your order after purchase will have an impact on your delivery date. We may therefore be unable to deliver your goods on your confirmed delivery date should changes occur and if so, a new delivery date will be given.
- 5.5 The items will generally be delivered via a 7.5 tonne vehicle, so please be sure your property is accessible for this size of truck. You are responsible for providing a safe means of access from the public highway to the place of delivery. If our delivery staff considers that access is unsafe then we will not deliver the goods until safe access is provided.
- 5.6 The courier company will call or text to confirm you delivery day and time 24 to 48 hours prior to the arranged delivery date. Failure to confirm with the couriers may subsequently delay your delivery
- 5.7 If you are unable, for whatever reason, to take delivery of your goods on the confirmed delivery date arranged by our carrier and yourself or we are unable to deliver the goods due to there being no safe means of access to the place of delivery or you are not available at the time pre-arranged on the day for delivery we shall be entitled to either cancel your order and refund your payments less an aborted delivery fee levied by our carriers or keep your order live but charge you the fee levied by our carriers for the missed delivery.
- Upon receiving the delivery you must check the packaging and the contents of the item is checked for any damages. If any damage is noted then please sign the POD as damaged and refuse delivery otherwise this will be confirmed/signed as good delivery. If the driver does not allow you time to open the packaging up then please sign the POD as unchecked and that the driver would not wait. Do not sign the POD as received in good condition since this will invalidate any claim you may make for damages after.
- 5.8 If our carriers accidentally damage goods in the course of delivery our liability for that damage is limited to the repair, replacement or refund of the goods or the value thereof.
- 5.9 Time of delivery is not of the essence in these terms and conditions. We will not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by you through any reasonable delay or delay due to unforeseen circumstances outside of the reasonable control of Trade Price Furniture or any reasonable rescheduling of delivery.
- 5.10 For the details of our free delivery offer please look at the delivery information page for full details - mainland UK only and precludes some UK postcodes.
- 5.11 We offer a One Man delivery service as standard to keep delivery costs down, as result you may be asked to assist the drivers with larger items. If you wish to opt for Two Man Room of Choice delivery there will be an additional charge for this service.
- 5.12 We only guarantee delivery to the front door. Delivery to any other point is at the discretion of the driver and we do not accept any liability for damages done past this point. If you wish to have a Room of Choice delivery with our Two Man delivery service the delivery team will require a Disclaimer (pre in-house delivery agreement) to be signed as the couriers also cannot be held accountable for any damage that may occur thereafter in your property. Failure to agree to sign this Disclaimer the delivery will only therefore be a doorstep only delivery.
- 5.13 Our 2 man Room of Choice delivery service is an extra service we offer to our customers which is non-refundable.
- 5.14 For orders of multiple items from different suppliers, the estimated delivery date will be assigned according to the longest lead time. If multiple orders are placed for the same delivery address, these will be grouped and the estimated delivery date will again be chosen according to the longest lead time.
6. Returns, Refunds and Your Right to Cancel
- 6.1 Under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 you have the statutory right to return any products you have purchased within fourteen (14) working days after delivery and arrange your own courier to return the goods to our business premises at the consumers expense. Products must be kept in the same condition as when purchased and in the same packaging, in which they were delivered, see below for further details. N.B. For hygiene reasons mattresses are not covered by our returns policy.
- 6.2 In order to return a product please contacts us in writing or other durable medium (including email) within 14 working days after delivery. You will then be entitled to a refund (minus any delivery fee) or exchange (with a levied delivery fee) from us which will be paid within thirty (30) days of your notice of cancellation. Items must be kept in the condition in which they were purchased and in original packaging. Items requiring assembly must be assembled in any way or will not be accepted back. We reserve the right to refuse a refund if any item is deemed to be non re-sellable. Original delivery charges are not refundable.
- 6.3 After the fourteen (14) working day return period has elapsed we will not accept returns on any items.
- 6.4 Subject to your statutory rights, bespoke products made or altered specifically for you, may not be returned nor will we provide any refund, unless they are defective or have been accidentally damaged by us in the course of delivery.
- 6.5 If we deliver incorrect or damaged goods, or in the event that you discover any defect in the goods for which you require compensation or other remedy, you must report the defect within 48 hours of the date you receive them, or as soon as possible thereafter by emailing us. Any defects or damages must be reported to us within 48 hours and we must be emailed images/photos and a completed damage form within the 7 working days and before any return, refund or replacement is carried out. Please keep the products purchased in the same condition that they were received and retain the original packaging in the condition it was provided. We reserve the right to refuse return of items should the original packaging not be available to allow the safe return via our carriers. If we receive the goods back with us and they are damaged due to them not being repackaged sufficiently in their original packaging we will charge you for the reduction in value. Should it be deemed impractical to offer a replacement, redeliver or re-selection of any damaged or faulty items we reserve the right to offer an allowance against a repair, or alternatively a refund for your purchase minus the delivery fee paid by yourself
- 6.6 We will not be liable for any damage or loss resulting from repairs attempted by you or third parties.
- 6.7 We will not accept any returns (including damaged items) on self-assembly items which have been assembled - please fully check your item prior to assembly.
- 6.8 Mattresses are currently not covered by our returns policy. We will repair or replace damaged goods however, for hygiene reasons we cannot offer returns for any other reasons.
- 6.9 Trade Price Furniture will not be liable for any damage or loss caused by the 3rd party carriers within your property.
- 6.10 If you wish to return your products there will be a standard fee of collection which will be levied at the fee of £29.99 (FlatPack & Small Boxes) or £59.99 (Sofas) plus any location surcharges. You can see these surcharges on our Delivery Information page. Collection will only be arranged at the place the goods where delivered to originally. In some circumstances collection cannot take place straight away and can take up to 7 working days to be arranged due to the nature of the goods and the courier to be used for collection.
- 6.11 If you wish to return the goods yourself or with another courier please return all items to our Birmingham Warehouse with a copy of the purchase invoice attached to all the parts to your order. You are responsible to contact us to inform us of the date and time the goods are expected back to our warehouse.
- 6.12 Items must, where possible, be returned in their original packaging. If the original packaging may not be used or has been disposed you are responsible to ensure goods are packaged in a state that they can be collected safely and transported by our couriers. Trade Price Furniture reserve the right to refuse collection of goods which are not securely packaging before collection.
- 6.13 Our drivers may remove the packaging on the back of the lorry. If you think you may return any item please be sure to ask for all the packaging.
- 6.14 The item/s must be unused and you must take reasonable care of the goods whilst in your possession.
- 6.15 You must ensure the items are wrapped and ready for collection prior to the vehicle arriving.
- 6.16 Refunds will be processed after the items have been inspected and can take up to 30 days.
- 6.17 Mattresses, pillows and sofa beds are non-returnable once used.
- 6.18 Any items that have been scheduled for collection will need to be wrapped up in the original packaging, failure to do so will lead to the drivers refusing to collect the goods
- 6.19 If you don't have the packaging then we can provide you with the cardboard, x2 sofa bags and sellotape however this will come at a charge of £50
7. Privacy Protection
- 7.2 Trade Price Furniture reserves its right to change any terms or condition at any time without prior notice to anyone.
- 7.3 Visitors may post reviews, comments, and other content; and submit suggestions, ideas, comments, questions, or other information, so long as the content is not illegal, obscene, threatening, defamatory, invasive of privacy, infringing of intellectual property rights, or otherwise injurious to third parties or objectionable and does not consist of or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings, or any form of "spam." You may not use a false e-mail address, impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise mislead as to the origin of a card or other content. Trade Price Furniture reserves the right (but not the obligation) to remove or edit such content, but does not regularly review posted content.
- 7.4 If you do post content or submit material, and unless we indicate otherwise, you grant Trade Price Furniture and its affiliates a nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, and fully sub licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, and display such content throughout the world in any media. You grant Trade Price Furniture and its affiliates and sub licensees the right to use the name that you submit in connection with such content, if they choose. You represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to the content that you post; that the content is accurate; that use of the content you supply does not violate this policy and will not cause injury to any person or entity; and that you will indemnify Trade Price Furniture or its affiliates for all claims resulting from content you supply. Trade Price Furniture has the right but not the obligation to monitor and edit or remove any activity or content. Trade Price Furniture takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any content posted by you or any third party.
- 7.5 We will not be liable for any direct or indirect loss of profits or other financial loss or damage arising out of defective, damaged or wrongly delivered products. Our obligation to you in respect of any defect, damaged or wrongly delivered products is limited to a refund of the purchase price, provided always that you enable us to collect the item(s) prior to processing a refund or that you deliver the item(s) to one of our showrooms prior to us processing the refund. This does not affect your statutory rights.
8. Applicable Law
- 8.1 We control and operate the web site from our offices within England. Accordingly the laws of England and Wales govern claims relating to, including the use of, this website and the materials contained therein. If you choose to access our web site from outside England and Wales you do so on your own initiative and you hereby agree that in the event of a dispute between ourselves and you the laws of England and Wales will apply at all times.